How to handle compression stockings correctly
Instructions for washing and care of compression socks
- This product is suitable for immediate use. However, we recommend that you wash them before their first use. From then on, they should be hand-washed or washed in the washing machine every day. Please note that if you are using a washing machine, we recommend turning the stockings inside out and using a delicates cycle.
- Wash the stockings separately with mild detergent but without fabric softener (e.g. Ofa Clean Special Detergent) at a maximum of 40°C and rinse well.
- The stockings can be carefully tumble dried, but please do not wring them out.
- The compression stockings can be hung out to dry or can be dried in a gentle drying cycle, but do not hang them out to dry on a radiator, do not iron them, and ensure that they are kept out of direct sunlight.
- In order to retain the stockings’ efficacy, do not use chemical detergents, bleach, fabric softener or petroleum.
- Compression stockings are resistant to fat and oil to the greatest extent possible, however they should never come into contact with salves or ointments.
- Stockings with silicon-coated topbands should not come into contact with solvents, salves, ointments, moisturisers, or body lotions, as their grip and adhesion to the legs may be permanently affected as a result.
- Store the stockings in a cool dry place, preferably in their original packaging.